Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything

Today we read The Little Old Lady who wasn't Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams.

We did a lot of predicting about what would happen next and how the story would end.  When we finished reading and discussing each student created their own scarecrow in Doodle Buddy.  Then we did some app smashing and put our picture from Doodle Buddy into Skitch and labeled but not with the body part.  We labeled what they said in the story.  Please ask your child about the book and their very first blog post.  Check out all the students' blog posts on the side of my page.  They were very excited that their parents would be able to see their work.  Feel free to comment and we will read the comments at school!  So Fun!!

We watched this video to go along with it.


6 comments:

  1. I love the fact that students are getting the opportunity to blog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Angie couldn't have done it without you! I'm pretty proud :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this. I love the fact that I can find out about Rykers day when I am traveling. It's hard on me when I don't get to sit with him and personally talk to him about his day. This will allow me to bring up subjects to talk about. We watched the video on UTube about the book that y'all read today. He danced and performed it for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This is great! We are happy to be able to reinforce and revisit what was taught each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Mrs. Dodd's class, I am so proud of you! I cannot wait to see what you share with us next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about your blog! I know I will love following the learning in your classroom this year!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com